Sunday, October 23, 2005

My Bullshiter

A bit crazy, smart, creative, open-minded, tender, a bit wild, caring... He is comfortable with his mind and body and makes other people feel the same.

Do I love him? Do I want to marry him? After a few weeks, only Indians would ask such questions!

What he wrote about me on his blog:

“Vikas, Vikas..”
I turn back and see her leaning out from the slowly moving train.“He (the Train Ticket Examiner) says that we should kiss.”I run back to kiss her. It was a short gentle kiss. My right foot still recovering from the crack didn’t give me the luxury to jump in the train and get out safely. The train picks up speed and soon she is out of sight. I was tired and cold after 3 hour bike ride to this anonymous station to help her board after we missed the train at Bangalore. I was praying that she misses the train at that station also. As usual my prayer went unheard. Slowly, I find my way out of the station and trying to locate where I parked my friend’s bike. As I start my bike my cell phone vibrates signaling an SMS that she sent. It says, “i miss u already n that is bad.”


22 years old, fair skin, red curly hair, blue eyes, 5’ 8’’ tall and slim- that’s my girl. She is crazy like me. She speaks French when sleepy. She is trying to learn Hindi from me. She asked me the Hindi words for ‘crazy’ and ‘lover’. She combined the two and calls me her paagal ashique. The cultural difference and the color difference are not relevant in terms of difference. But they are relevant in terms of magnetic poles if you understand that opposite attracts.

Lonely I have always been. With or without friends. With or without girls. I never had any long term affairs. This has been my longest one, nearly 2 months. I would share everything with her. I was happy and content. And now she has gone away for a week. The loneliness now is worse than the earlier version, especially when I attend parties without her. Neither grass nor booze helps. I thought that this is my chance to study for my end term but I don’t feel like doing anything. I miss my girl. I miss her badly. I want her in my arms now but she is not there. I want to tell her that she is special but she is not there to listen. She is going back to Belgium on 7th January. I don’t know what I’ll do after that. Once in inebriated state I said that I love her. She demanded the reason. And I was truthful. The reason was that she loved me and so I loved her. I don’t know whether I love her or not but I know that she is my girl. When I look at her I feel that I own her. This is a new feeling to me. A feeling of ownership, rather a feeling of oneness. Today I tell this world that I miss my girl. I want my girl.


What his classmates wrote about him on the IIMB section website:

"Vikas is among the last-standing specimen of the non-engineer species in the section. Our desi (as he is generally called) is naturally talented at many things. Some might know of his skills at QM but he is widely believed to be better at human anatomy (no relation to his Pharma backgrounds, its actually about people skills :J). Desi`s effort at management extends beyond national frontiers. If any person on campus benefited the most by the presence of exchange students, it has to be our desi. One of the exchange students (name withheld on desperate personal request) learnt her first few hindi words from vikas, "Tu mera maal hai".

He is the original chill out guy and one of the most cool characters in our section, to an extent that once he actually walked 30minutes late in Diro`s lecture. One certainly expects more national and international endeavors in future from our macho man™ and global manager."



6 comments:

I said...

we dont really look like the best and the most happening couple at zero-g in the pic :(

erasmus-in-india said...

true... looking bad.
1hour in traffic=messy hair;
flash=me looking like a ghost;
no flash=no vikas on the picture ;o)

Olivier said...

Elise? with an Indian? unpredictable, as usual ;o) and always finding a way to make things more difficult... Solvay, because it was the toughest bschool; India, because it was the biggest cultural chock; Chinese because it was the most challenging language... keep it simple! anyway, enjoy life... with ur bullshiter

Anonymous said...

Two crazy persons together... Sure, u want to have kids? ;o)

Anonymous said...

The word "deewaana" originally or literally means "crazy" but romantic and poetic usage has changed its connotation to that of a crazy lover.

Donc, maintenant vous avez appris un mot qui combine les deux sens.

:D

-Vineet

Vio said...

are you still together today...? where are you now? still in india or elsewhere? (i started reading your blog when i left for india and i liked the fact that your name is the same as my twin sister's name!- it's been over 4 years now and i still live there.) take care