Sunday, September 11, 2005

IIMB party

This looks like you just screw in a light bulb with one hand and pat the dog with the other.
- Quote from "Bride & Prejudice"

I was back on the campus after an evening at a Rock pub in Bangalore when I heard some loud music coming from the L-square. Curious, I walked to the campus main square and was stunned by a gesticulating crowd. Are they dancing? Or only moving in every possible direction? The style was extremely energetic and, well, unique.

It was easy to learn the basic steps by watching the other students. The key is to make your moves as vigorous as possible (no shy/tiny steps as in the West). It is quite liberating!

One of the Indian students complimented on my style. Him: “You dance terrific”. Me: “Trying to imitate Indians.” Him: “Thanks, I take it as a compliment.” ;o)

No comments: