Saturday, September 03, 2005

03/09 The city

Hunting for a new prepaid card… Don't want to pay the roaming activation every month. Need a Bangalore number.

Buses? Well, there are many of them! But which one should I take? Found my way to the bus stop, asked +-20 people how to get to the mall by public transport… Not really familiar with hindi ;o) No way to have an answer. Took a bus… Here, the bus doesn’t stop, only slows down… Jumping from a moving vehicule with heels was quite adventurous. But didn’t fall. ;o) Changed my mind and tried to find a autorikshaw with an English-speaking driver. Quite impossible… Finally found one… Had to bargain hard! He offered me the drive me to the mall for 80rp. I said 40, last price! He didn’t want to… Well too bad! I was completely lost in the city with the only English-speaking driver but I told him 40 or leave it. I won! ;o)

Long drive to get to the mall… An hour, at least! The traffic…

The mall! Huge western one but still no foreigners! Where are they? Everybody told me Bangalore was a cosmopolite city…

Back to IIMB… Waiting for an Indian friend to pick me up. Raining again! But don't want to give up anymore on my trip to MG road… Ate… Love Indian food! Can have different kind of food everyday. Looking for a pub. Crowded! We left. End up at the Meridien. First time in such hotel! Had a few drinks… Food is quite cheap in India. Cant say the same thing about alcohol :o(

Time to leave… Raining again… Driving to IIMB would have been to long. So, spent the night at my friend’s place. Two beds… Mum, don't worry! But had a drive in the middle of the night under the rain… No more traffic, just complete freedom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunting? It seems that India is a place where you have to “fight” for any small things you want to get. It would piss me off… Where is my impatient girl?

sarah said...

Keep bargaining! Don’t let them fool you cos you are a foreigner… They fooled me so many times when I was in India. I didn’t really know how much to pay. I heard afterward that I used to pay at least 2X the price L You must have better bargaining skills than me…